Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Tallis Scholars



It's my last evening in Exeter, before I head of to the Glastonbury Festival, so Becky is taking me out to see the Tallis Scholars.

The Tallis Scholars have established themselves as leading exponents of Renaissance sacred music through world-class recordings and concert performances. Their exploration of the depth and variety of this repertoire has reached a world-wide audience. Peter Phillips has worked with the ensemble to create, through good tuning and blend, the purity and clarity of sound which he feels best serves the Renaissance repertoire, allowing every detail of the musical lines to be heard. It is the resulting beauty of sound for which The Tallis Scholars have become renowned.


Should be interesting but to be honest my mind is on the weekend, but hopefully I can calm my excitement and enjoy it.

If I get time before I head off tomorrow I'll post up a review. If not and your going to Glastonbury come along and see me and Lex DJ'ing on the G-Stage 12-1 on Friday.

Benny.

0 comments: